Thursday, July 07, 2005

Self-cleaning, a good thing

So, I think I've made my last trip to the old apartment. Everything is vacuumed, scrubbed, and sparkling clean now. All that is left is a huge pile of stuff to be donated, and my husband is going to get the van and take care of that.

As I mentioned before, I started the self-cleaning oven the other night. I've never done that before. The last time I cleaned the oven I used Easy-Off. I love the stuff! Well, being a little more tired lately, I just didn't feel like breaking out the bucket and sponges this time, so I tried the self-cleaning option. WOW - it must have been hell hot in there because it was spotless - just a pile of ash on the bottom. I just vacuumed it up and was done! Love it.

We're going white water rafting this weekend! We leave tomorrow afternoon. I'm so excited. I love white water rafting. We've made this an annual trip for the past five years. There's nothing more exhilarating than plunging down a waterfall (class 5 rapid) and the cold water just envelopes you for a few seconds. BRRRRR! It feels so good to look back and think "My God, did we just come down that!?!"

It's going to be so much fun because this time, more of my friends from work are going and we always have a blast together. I still hate camping (I'm 100% city girl), but one weekend a year with friends on the river, I'll sacrifice my hairdryer and computer for a day or two.

No comments: