Sunday, July 31, 2005

Productive Sunday

Today has been a very productive day. We laid out padding for all the area rugs we bought yesterday at Target. Can you believe it? We looked in every rug store in the SF vicinity and couldn't find anything we liked. Went to Target and found three of the four we were looking for. One for the living room, one for the kitchen sink area, one for the entry hall, and one for the dining area. The one for the dining area, we ordered from Home Depot - so it should be here in about two weeks.

So, today was 'fix up the condo' day. For the first time, we drilled holes in our immaculate walls. Oh, the pain of hearing that drill! I love our beautiful walls - and I know it's silly - but it's kind of like getting that first little scratch on your brand new car. You know it's enevitable, but it still hurts. We put up a little shelf for the speaker that goes behind the TV. Then, we worked on laying out all the padding and the area rugs.

Right now, my hubby is in the living room putting up the curtains. So, I'm hearing more drilling. It's all coming along. I'm in the study going through the pyramid of boxes. I've cleared out two so far, still dumping stuff along the way. It's slowly coming together - hopefully, once the hectic month of August is over, we'll be able to sit back and enjoy our home together. Our clean home.

We also bought a Swiffer vac yesterday. I L-O-V-E it! I just wanted something simple that could vaccum up all the hair in our bathroom and the border areas of our living room. There is so much cat hair! And to think I used to lie on the carpet all the time in our old apartment. No wonder my allergies were terrible! The little Swiffer vac just sucked it all up. The pad protected our bamboo floors. It's perfect! Can't use it on carpet at all though, but that's OK. As long as our bathroom and living room floors are hairless, I'm happy. It's kind of gross to see clumps of hair everywhere, you know?

Speaking of cat, here are today's Monte Moments...



No comments: