Monday, August 29, 2005

Birthday weekend

Love birthdays, hate getting older. But, what can ya do?

Lots of love from my dearest friends and family. Makes one feel all warm and fuzzy inside - it's a great feeling.

Had dinner with my parents and grandma on Friday. We went to one of my favorite Chinese restaurants, Koi Palace. They had a wonderful seafood selection, which is apparent when you enter the restaurant. There is a special display area of live seafood - various fish, crab, lobster, clams, shrimp, from all over the globe. There is nothing more delicious that fresh seafood. It was a wonderful evening with my family, and lots of leftovers to enjoy later.

On Saturday, my hubby took me to my FAVORITE Indian restaurant for lunch. Indian Clay Oven on Clement St, between 25th and 26th Avenues. The Buffet lunch is what it's all about. There's something for everyone. All you can eat buffet for $7.95. Yes, I pigged out big time. We worked off some of the meal by stopping by my parent's place and washed and waxed our car.

Interesting story. Some guy on a bike rode by at one point, yelling something about gas. We didn't even realize he was yelling at us until he commented on our SUV and that he couldn't wait to see us suffer when we use up all the gas in the world. OK... Someone was a little bitter, huh? He stopped at the red light at the end of the block, and every once in a while he would turn back to us and yell, "I can't wait!"

After running some errands and resting up at home for a few hours, we headed out to another favorite restaurant of ours, Bursa Kebob, to meet up with some friends for dinner. Bursa serves up fabulous Mediterranean cuisine. Seriously! Try their appetizer platter, and their lamb kebobs! You won't regret it! And for dessert - they have a fried cheese that is out of this world. My husband always gets this sliced beef dish. All I know is, it's the first one listed on the right column of the menu. As you can tell, I don't know the names of these dishes, but the menu has descriptions, so you'll be able to find them without any problem. I know, I sound like I'm advertising these restaurants, but they're really so good! I want to tell everyone to try them!

After dinner, we headed over to The Beach Chalet to hear my friend's band play. They're Porkchop Express. They're kind of a country/rock band. I don't know how else to describe them. They do some cover songs, but most are their own. If you go check them out, don't leave until you hear their 'pancake' song. They usually sing it for their finale. It's hilarious - and catchy. It will be a cult favorite someday, I'm sure of it. They sang me a special birthday song - very cool!

The evening ended at my friend June's house. I have proclaimed their puppy, Mochi, as my God-puppy, so we had to go visit with him. He is just so adorable. I'll have to post some photos of the little darling. He's about five months old now. My friend got him for her birthday - he was only 8 weeks old then. Just a puff ball of cotton with little legs. Cute just does not describe him.

So, 3am - we all decided, yeah, it's time to call it a night.

Sunday, my hubby and I got up late, lazed around some more, and then finally went to the downtown shopping area around 4pm. We just walked around - I had to return a couple of things. We then had dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. It was 5:30p, and we still had to wait over an hour for a table! Unbelievable that so many people eat that early! Anyway, during dinner I realized, HEY! I never got a cake for my birthday. I'm not a big sweets person, so I was just joking about it. I thought of it while some folks were singing 'Happy Birthday' at a nearby table. So, we got a slice of my favorite Strawberry Cheesecake to go, and he sang me a personal 'Happy Birthday' at home. No candle, but the cheesecake was damn good!

So, that was my birthday weekend. Now, I have three months left to lose the new weight I've gained.

No comments: