Monday, August 08, 2005

Farewell

The weekend has come and gone. After three nights of eating, reminicing, and more eating, the reunion weekend has come to an end. We had our Farewell Dinner at Yet Wah Restuarant, and as it was arranged by my dad, the eternal host, everyone had a blast. Aside from a wonderful dinner, we had a singer come for the entertainment. All the children went up on stage with her to sing "Getting to know you" from The King and I. It was so cute. We also did a few rounds of family karaoke. Since my own family is so small, we went up with another family group to sing "American Pie." Mind you, I really don't know this song except for Madonna's version from a few years ago. My goodness, can there be a song that is more depressing? And LONG? The

Anyway, the evening rounded off with individual fruit/custard tarts for everyone (which they all loved) - and a special birthday one for my cousin Eddie, Jr. Happy Birthday Eddie!

I'm wishing everyone a safe trip home - and hope that we don't have to wait another five years to see each other again.

No comments: