Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Feeling better

Stayed home one more day. Got a lot of work done without the usual interruptions I get at the office. Too bad I can't just work from home. Someday, when I have my own business...

It's been a weird week. I've never napped so much in my life! But I'm definitely feeling better - and thanks to my friends who make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside by sending me their 'get well' wishes.

Wow, this is going to be a hella short week. I worked half a day on Monday, will actually go back to work tomorrow (Thurs), and then I'm off on Friday for my birthday. Hee hee. I love it.

On another note, my favorite college roomie is getting married! The wedding is set for November - so that gives me just three months to lose all this fat and look fabulous. I'm going to be a bridesmaid. I love this girl, and this is the event that I've been waiting to celebrate with her since forever. She met her hubby-to-be in high school, and nearly 15 years later (15 years!) they're finally tying the knot - and all of us couldn't be happier.

Unfortunately, I can't make the bridal shower, but I am going to the bachelorette party. Wouldn't miss it for the world. Got my plane ticket already. Where will it be? Fabulous Las Vegas, of course!!! I'm helping the matron of honor plan out the evening's festivities. Yes, there will be some embarassment - but that is tradition, right? It's like a rite of passage - you gotta do it. I'm just thrilled to be able to spend some time with her. We rarely see each other (maybe once a year?), but we have one of those relationships where we'll call each other and just pick up right where we left off. She's a very special person, and my heart just bursts with happiness for her and her hubby-to-be.

1 comment:

drama queen said...

sorry to hear your sick... :o(

hope you get better so that you can enjoy your birthday weekend!! woo-hoo!!!

happy bday, girl!