Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Miserable week!

It's only Wednesday, and this week has been a complete nightmare so far. Monday started out OK, until a coworker told me something that would effect my job directly. Nothing I can do, but it was the kick in the butt I needed to get me to start looking to my future and start brushing up my resume. My supervisor hasn't mentioned anything to me yet - but I know she was in the meeting where my coworker heard this information.

When I got home that night, I started looking for the cable I needed to connect my MP3 player to my computer. It is nowhere to be found. Seriously. I went through every box and bag there is in the house. It's gone. I started my search after dinner around 8p - and stopped around 1am.

On Tuesday, still not happy about my work situation, but nothing I can do until someone actually says something to me. Went to the GAP at lunch, hoping to get some cheap tank tops or t-shirts for my trip this week. Nothing. It was all Fall stuff. What happened to the end of summer sales??? It's not even mid-August yet! So, I'm walking back to work. Stopped by Taco Bell to get some lunch. When I look down at my beloved purse to get my wallet out, there were wet, brown blotches on it. BIRD SHIT!!! I couldn't believe it. It must have happened right as I walked into Taco Bell. The street outside the entrance is a mess of doody.

You have to understand. I have a pink Dior bag. It is the pride and joy of my life. I am not materialistic, but when I first saw this purse in Vegas I just had to have it. Mind you, I don't normally go buy expensive purses for myself like this. During my search, I discovered that this purse was sold out for months. Went and ordered it - and three penny pinching months later, I had the beautiful pink and white purse in my hands. I've been using it ever since - only changing purses when it rains, or when I go out of town. I love this purse. And now some #$(@*&! bird decides to let loose right as I walked by? So, no, I didn't have lunch yesterday. I was too upset. I spent the next half hour in the bathroom cleaning my purse. All I can say is Shout Wipes, love 'em. Thank God for them.

After work, I went home to search for that stupid cable again. This time I actually emptied out all the boxes - just in case I missed it the night before. Nothing! Where is it??? It is a complete mystery. Went through the entire closet too. Nothing!

My hubby didn't get home until almost 9pm last night. He was in a foul mood. So, I let him vent to me for 15 minutes until he calmed down a little. Apparently, work was miserable - and when he got to the car that night - what was all over it? BIRD SHIT! What is up with the pigeons yesterday?? He said this bird must have had diareah or something, because it was all over the car. So, he had to clean it up before he drove home. Why? Because we have no hose in our garage anymore.

Anyway, he spent the rest of the evening watching TV, while I gave third attempt in finding my missing cable. What is the point of having an MP3 player when you can't put your songs on it from the computer? 11:30pm - I gave up.

This morning, hubby was still grumbling about his work, and I made some comments in support of him and he snapped at me. Well, not snapped, but he was snippy - totally uncalled for. So, that was a great way to start the day. Got to work and around 9am, my friend Sue emails me that she just found out one of her kittens has kidney failure. She was going to leave work to meet up with her boyfriend. They're going to have to put poor little Max to sleep. He's not even a year old yet - how can a kitten have kidney failure? I felt so bad. Tears came to my eyes the second I read the email. I went over to Sue and we just hugged each other (she and I work together). I know Sue loves those kittens so much. Sam, Max's brother, is going to be so lonely.

So, like I said, it's only Wednesday, and it's been miserable so far. It really can't get any worse at this point.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, sis!
You are always on my mind, even though we are far away. Sending you good vibes and a big hug.
Lots of love from across the miles from the three of us!

lumlumaaaaaaah said...

wHY ARE THEY LEAVING TIMBER INDUSTRY TRADING STUFF ON YOUR COMMENTS? ARE THEY ADVERTISING ON BLOGS NOW TOO?