Saturday, August 20, 2005

Finished Harry Potter!

Forgot to mention that, while I had received my new book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, the day it was released, I had been saving it for my NY trip. I even reread the previous book, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, just to get back into the story. And it's a good thing I did - they mentioned a lot of characters and events from that book.

So, on my trip, I started and finished the book. Couldn't help myself. Didn't have anything to read on the plane ride back. I loved it - and now I have to wait another year for the final story.

I'm not going to spoil it for anyone and talk about it further, but it's definitely a much darker story and a little disturbing with what happens to some of the characters. Harry, Ron, and Hermione are growing up - and it will be sad to know their story will be ending too soon.

The next movie, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, is coming out in November! I haven't seen the trailers yet, but I saw a poster for the movie in the theater a while ago.

2 comments:

drama queen said...

dude...i just started reading the FIRST book! yep....i was holding off from succumbing to the harry potter madness...but couldn't hold back any longer. picked up a book when i went on vacation. still haven't finished it, tho'. have too many unfinished books on my table. need to start off finishing on at a time. but looking forward to finishing my first harry potter book!

Monte Kitty said...

I also finally gave in to see what the big fuss with Harry Potter was about a few years ago, just as Book 4 was just about to be released. So, I was lucky to start with Book 1 and then have Books 2 - 4 available already. Nothing better than to start something, love it, and actually have the continuation stories just waiting for you. Welcome to the world of Harry!