Thursday, September 08, 2005

Buggin

For the past few days, I have been victim of fleas. And you have to understand, I don't just get bug bites. I get infected bug bites. Every time I get bit by something, they become large, red splotches that hurt, itch, and hot to the touch. And they last forever - meaning, the itchiness goes away after a few days, but the spot stays red for weeks. I still have 'scars' from flea bites on both ankles from five years ago.

The thing is, I don't know if these are really flea bites. They're too random. Usually, I'll have several bites in one location - but I have one on my cheek (can't believe it), on my neck, one on my calf, one the back of each hand (those itch the most), one on the back of my thigh, and one on the tip of my left elbow. Oh, and the killer one that hurts the most is one right on the knuckle of my left index finger. It actually hurts! I've been slabbing on the anti-bacterial lotion like crazy.

Worst thing is, most of these happened at work. Same as when I got the ankle bites. I can't do anything about it. At home, I'll vaccum, change all the bed sheets, do laundry - usually, I'll get the little sucker. What can I do at work??? What gets me is that I'm the only one getting bit!

I've heard that if you don't have enough iron in your system, bugs are more attracted to you. I guess I need to go get some iron pills.

2 comments:

drama queen said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
drama queen said...

are you sure they're fleas?? get them checked out!! you never know!!

might be....scabies...

unfortunately i got those...not because i'm dirty, but because a kid i knew had them and he slept in my bed.