Tuesday, September 27, 2005

What can you do?

Well, we got the pictures back from the photographer from our Reunion last August. I'm not happy at all. Because of our location, the backlight for the photos was way to bright. As a professional wedding photographer, the guy should have known that it was a poorly lighted location. My dad, who is a professional photographer as well, suggested that a special flash be used to counter the brightness of the background. He was told it wasn't necessary - so, professional to professional, my dad let the guy do his thing his way.

Got the CD of the photos last week. They are terrible. Odd angles and too bright - almost white back lighting, and tourists in the background. First of all, I don't think that Ghiradelli Square was the best choice for the reunion itself. In the middle of the summer tourist season? Come on. But I wasn't in charge of that decision, so whatever. But I was in charge of booking the photographer. How was I supposed to know? The guy has a website of his wedding shots and they're beautiful. And then he goes and ruins the shots from our event.

My hubby has the CD now. He has a printing and design business, so he's going to ask his partner to help edit the shots a bit. It's not just frustration about the flawed shots - it's embarassing. The photographer was my responsibility. How am I supposed to present these pictures to my family? This sucks! And there I was, just a few months ago, reassuring my cousins that this guy was good and that we wouldn't be disappointed.

No comments: