Friday, September 30, 2005

Slow start...

I finally setup my sewing machine last night. It's on the dining table right now because the desk that I had originally planned as my sewing area is boxed in. Yes, my excuse is still, "I just moved!"

So, I managed to wind the thread onto the bobbin, and then loaded it into the bobbin case. Then I threaded my machine. That took me about 15 minutes. Then for the next hour, after I threaded my needle, I tried to get the stupid thread from the bobbin to come up through the bottom. I just couldn't figure it out. I finally got it - but I have no idea what I did. Wasted a lot of thread in the processes.

Anyway, I did some test stitches - and after some adjusting, finally got the machine to work properly. I guess with new machines, the metal is dirty or something, because my pretty pink thread came out dark gray. Ew! I ran the machine some more, and the bottom thread is now pink, as it should be, but the upper thread is still sewing on gray. It's a little lighter than when I started, but still gray. I don't know how to clean it. ARGH!!!

Two hours later from when I started, and my enthusiasm deflated with frustration, I gave up for the night. I have my fabric all pinned and cut out from the pattern already. It's in a neatly folded pile on the table next to the sewing machine. I just need clean thread!!!

I guess it's good I'm getting prepared for my Christmas gifts now, because at this rate - I feel like I should have started in January.

No comments: