Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Silliness

I had a real brainiac moment yesterday. Kind of embarrassing to share, but it's good for a chuckle.

My husband and I were at Safeway, and I grabbed a container of sour cream from the refrigerator section. I looked at the bottom to check the expiration date. It read "OCT 06."

Genius that I am, I blurted out, "October 2006? What kind of sour cream is this???" I looked at my husband all confused. He's got the single arched eyebrow thing going. He glances at the container in my hand and says, "Uh, I think it means October the 6th." Oops! Hee hee...

I think my brain had a 'DUH... ' moment. Can't believe I did that. And seriously, for that second, I really didn't understand how sour cream could last for over a year!!! Yes, it's time for me and my poor brain to go on vacation.

No comments: