Monday, May 29, 2006

Bubbles update and the summer of movies

Well, I haven't checked in on Bubbles yet today, but last night my hubby and I went over to my parents' house and got him to take his medicine. We basically wrapped him in a blanket, put the muzzle on him (he's a biter) and then forced the syrup into his mouth. We showed my parents how to do it.

My parents just didn't want to force anything on him, but they have to understand - without the meds, Bubbles is not going to get better. Just sitting on the floor, you could see he was having a hard time breathing. Frustrating. Sometimes just loving them (the pets) is not enough. You can't explain what you are doing, so you just have to do it - because you know it's for their own good. So, hopefully, my parents were able to copy what we did last night and give Bubbles his meds.

On another notes, movie nights have started again. All the TV shows are over with for the summer (well, until the mid-season stuff starts), so we're free to catch up on the stack of movies we've accumulated. So far, we've watched Wedding Crashers (very funny - I love Owen Wilson) and Sahara (bombed in theaters, but I liked it a lot - Matthew McConaughey makes it worth it).

No comments: