Saturday, May 06, 2006

Can't give up yet...

Crochet and frogged, crochet and frogged... I've crochet and frogged the stupid hat I'm working on so many times, I'm shocked that the yarn is still good. I'm trying to make the Spring in Winter hat from the Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet book. I just don't understand the instructions and I'm only on the second round!!!

The instructions say: Ch 6 (counts as tr, ch2) (2tr, ch 2, tr) in first st, sk next tr, *(tr, ch 2, 2 tr, ch 2, tr) in next tr, skip next tr; rep from * around.

OK, I've followed the instructions for everything to be done in the first stitch. Starting from the * how the hell to you skip the next tr (triple crochet) and then do all the stuff in the ( ) in the next tr? I just don't get it. I've experimented and it just comes out wrong. I think I've started and stopped it about 50 times already today.

There used to be a great website with videos of crochet stitches - but my Favorite doesn't work anymore and the site seems to be offline now. DAMN! It was a free site too. I'll have to do some more surfing.

Had a kind of productive day today. I cleaned up around the house and did four loads of laundry. Hubby went out to Fairfield see his folks. Normally, I would go too, but he is going to install a new computer system for his mom - and that takes HOURS. Yep, it's 7:30pm now, and he left home before noon. His dad likes watching sports on TV, so if I went, I would be twiddling my thumbs all day. And if I brought my crochet, well, my in-laws would be surprised at the words coming out of my mouth each time I've frogged the thing.

So, what should I do? It's 7:30p. Husband is still in Fairfield, but he skipped eating dinner with his folks because he wants to come home to eat with me. That's very sweet, but it's getting late. I told him to just eat there. But he refused. He's far from finished with working on the computer - I'm hungry... I can only snack so much. Normally, I like to eat dinner around 7p. Sigh... Why is he being stubborn???

1 comment:

Monte Kitty said...

Hey! That's just like the site that used to be my Favorite. I wonder if she just renamed it? THANKS!!! This will help a lot!