Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Never as planned...

Well, the Mother's day feast has come and gone. And while we had a wonderful time at my in-laws, our surprise food order never arrived. Why? Because I finally called them on Saturday and ask WHERE IS MY FOOD? I had to leave a message - and the woman in Vermont called me back at 6:30am on Sunday. Nice, huh? She said that they contacted me to let me know that because of my shipping selection they didn't send out my order yet. This is BS because I never got an email or a phone call.

I had selected USPS Priority Mail - which usually takes 2 - 3 days tops. Turns out that they don't ship the meat in dry ice - like all other companies do. They use regular ice - and expected me to change my shipping method to Overnight Express - for $45. The order itself was only $15. Uh, I don't think so. Needless to say, I cancelled my order. Bummer.

Funny thing is... when we got to my in-laws, my father-in-law actually made Cevapcici. He called his brother in Serbia for the recipe. So, we ended up with a great meal anyway! He doesn't know we tried to order all this stuff yet, so I'm going to try to find another place and order it again - hopefully, we'll have it in time for Father's day.

No comments: