Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Doll House Caper

Funny. I took a look back at my most recent entries, and most of them are just complaining sob stories. Wah, wah, wah... I guess I was in a bad mood?

Today, I am in a really good mood. Why? Because I finally found a children's book that I've been searching for for years! It's called The Doll House Caper. I remember I used to check this out from our school library at least once a month. I loved it. For the life of me, I can't remember the story itself anymore - and I couldn't remember the title (hence the long search). I took a chance and ordered another book a few years ago, but it was the wrong one. I remember the words "Doll House" in the title - but my searches never brought this one up.

Somehow today, I plugged in the right wording on an eBay search and recognized the cover picture of the book immediately. What confirmed it for me? Check out the doll with his head in the toilet on the second floor of the house. I don't know why, but I totally remember that! I knew - this is it!



Needless to say, the book will be safely treasured in my hands in about 5 days. I can't wait. I used to read a lot, but there is only a small handful that I really loved and wished I could have had in my personal library. This is definitely one of those books. This came out in 1975, so by the time I was old enough to enjoy it, it was out of print. I could only get it at the library - we could never find it in a store.

Now I'm on a nostalgia search - what other books from my past can I add to my grown-up collection? Kind of hard when you remember book covers, but not the titles or really the story.

No comments: