Monday, May 01, 2006

My Long Weekend

Well, Slava's Snow Show... not all that. I think we could have saved that money. I was hoping the show would be fantastic - after all, this is the guy who started a type of clown act that is very popular in the Cirque du Soleil shows that are playing now. Albeit, usually there's only about 15 minutes of clown act within the show, it's usually hilarious. So, when we heard about Slava, we figured, it must be funny.

Half the time, my hubby and I were like, "HUH?" Just didn't get it. And it was not very funny.
The best part of the show was when the clowns let loose these GIANT balls into the audience. And you know there's nothing that brings out the kid in you than a giant colorful ball bouncing it's way towards you.


I took this picture with my camera phone, so it's not too clear. We were in the Loge, and looking down, you can see the stage in the back, and how big those colorful balls were.



On Saturday, we headed out to the Lafayette Park Hotel. They had special 'Tax free' package - over night stay in a room with a fireplace, and dinner for two in their restaurant. The room was beautiful and the dinner was fabulous. We've never had a room with a fireplace before - so we lit that puppy up that night. Really romantic. Makes me wish for a fireplace.

We walked around the hotel and just let memory lane take over. The beautiful courtyard with the water fountain where we had our ceremony. The 'wishing well' garden where we took pictures. Even the empty ballroom brought back images of dancing, cake cutting, lots of laughter. It was the best. Sigh... was it really five years ago already? I want to do it all over again!

This weekend also finally gave me the opportunity to walk around the outdoor shopping area in Walnut Creek. No idea what the area is called, but I love it. Lots of shops and restaurants. On a nice sunny day, it's a perfect place to just stroll or relax on a bench with an ice cream cone.

So, that was our anniversary weekend. Simple, but very romantic.

1 comment:

Monte Kitty said...

That's right! Broadway Plaza! I just love how three of my favorite stores are right next to each other (Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, and Williams-Sonoma). I don't buy much from these places, but they always make me feel like I can totally decorate my house, or I'm really a closet gourmet chef. Hee hee...