Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Side note...

This entry doesn't really have to do with anything, but just a side note to something I first noticed, and then my hubby confirmed. It's definitely a Twilight Zone kind of thing.

As you know, we walked around Broadway Plaza in Walnut Creek on Sat/Sun (Thanks Kuky!) We went to lunch at The Cantina - one of our favorite restaurants there. We discovered it during our wedding planning days. We even had our rehearsal dinner there. It's soooo yummy. Anyway, the area we were sitting in, there was a large group of women having a baby shower. Fine. Then across from us, two women arrive with baby strollers. The babies were probably around one year old? Fine. Walking out of the restaurant, a couple arrives with a baby in stroller, and another woman walks in behind them who is so pregnant she's about burst.

I didn't say anything at first, but my hubby and I did give each other 'the look'. The unspoken, "that's rather odd" look. As we walked to the car, every couple we passed was either pregnant or pushing a stroller with a one or two year old baby. ??? As we drove out of Walnut Creek, almost everyone was either pregnant, pushing a stroller, or had a child that was maybe four years old and under. Seriously, I'm not exaggerating. By the time we were driving out, we both had made a point to look. What was going on?? It was very surreal.

Corte Madera mall is very much like this too. Lots of pregnant women and lots of children. You think I'm exaggerating? Click on the link to the mall - and look at what they're offering. The M.O.M. Club memberships. 'Mothers of Marin'

I mean, I don't normally going around noticing something like this. It's not like I've never seen pregnant women before, but this weekend was very strange! Looks like the forecast calls for Spring babies this year.

No comments: