Saturday, June 17, 2006

A Battlestar Galactica weekend

We borrowed the first season of the new Battlestar Galactica series on DVD from a friend. We started it last night, and I think we're at episode five. It's hard to tell, because I think the first three hours was a mini-series that led into the actual show. IT'S SO GOOD! My friends always talked about it. Correction, they RAVED about it - so finally we just wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

I remember there was the old TV show, but I never watched it - though I can picture some of the characters in my mind. I think I'm mixing them up with Buck Rogers though. Anyway, we're in the middle of the first season, Gaius was accused of blowing up the Defense Systems before the attacks by the Cylons - but it was proven that the video still of him was fake.

We didn't spend all of Saturday indoors though. My hubby and I took a very nice walk around the neighborhood. It's a beautiful day today. The sun is shining and there's a delicious breeze in the air. I got my haircut too - and I love it. My hair was so long that I've just been pony tailing it the past month - but now it's just above my shoulders with a slight flip at the ends. Just the way I like it.

Why am I in a chipper mood right now? Just got off the phone with my mom. Bubbles is eating solid food again! He still gets his tubes in the morning, but last night, he wanted 'real' food. He is carrying his favorite ball around again! No running, but his strength is definitely returning. His thyroid is shrinking more and more each day - there's just a small bump now. His breathing is not labored anymore - so I'm thinking the water in his lungs should be gone now - or getting there. YEA!!! We're going to see him tonight.

No comments: