Friday, June 16, 2006

Hopeful News

Some very encouraging news about Bubbles. Mom says that he still can't eat solid foods yet, but he's definitely getting his appetite back. Well, sort of. My parents are still feeding him from the syringes, but he's gone from 6 tubes to 15 tubes a meal. And they feed him about 3 times a day. It's amazing how much dedication my parents have put into caring for Bubbles - and it's very heartwarming. Bubbles is a very lucky dog.

He also started playing a little again. He has a game it's you and him, with a treat in the middle, and you pretend to steal his food, and he bounces back and forth trying to keep you away from it. He's not able to eat the treat, but the fact that he's got a little energy to play is fantastic news. The transitional step between the family room and the patio - he's able to go up that step again too!

His thyroid is not as swollen anymore, and his breathing is much less labored than just two days ago. I think my parent plan to take him back to the vet for a check up next week, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I know he's old, and this was definitely a wake-up call to that fact. I know the time will come when we have to say goodbye, but hopefully, it will be a little later in the future than the month the vet told us. He was just guessing anyway. They didn't test if the lump on his lung was benign or malignant, so we just don't know. Either way, we're taking it day by day and appreciating every moment.

No comments: