Sunday, June 25, 2006

Not so good news anymore...


Over the past week, I've been checking in with my parents on Bubbles - the news was always that he was getting better and better. Last call on Thursday, he was eating solid foods at dinner time again.

Today, my dad called me. Turns out Bubbles stopped eating solids since Friday night. He just doesn't want to eat it. So, he's been getting several tubes for 3 meals a day again. Just as fast as he gained a pound back, he's lost it again. Deep down, I think we're heading toward the time we'll have to say farewell to our little one.

It's very hard to accept, but I know we have to. It's hard to think about what we're going to do when the time comes, but it seems like it's going to come sooner than later.

The thing is, he has energy and he's not in pain. He's breathing a lot better now, and even though the thyroid is still swollen, it's much smaller than it was when he was first diagnosed. My poor dad is at such a loss. I am too. I told my dad that if Bubbles doesn't eat for a couple more days, then they have to bring him back to the vet. I'm just scared that that may end up being the last visit, you know? I'm still hoping Bubbles will make it to his 15th birthday on July 7th... but if he's starving himself - then of course, we'll have to do what we have to do.

It's not fair that our pets have such shorter lifespans than us - I don't know how people get pet after pet, after pet. I don't know if I'll be able to have another cat after Monte. My heart can't take it.

Please keep Bubbles in your prayers with me.

No comments: