Tuesday, July 25, 2006

20 years ago...

A classmate from my elementary school days is trying to set up a 20 year reunion. While I have no intention of going, it did bring back memories of my best friend at the time. Though we lost touch during high school, I have always thought about her every once in a while. In fact, one time at the bus stop, I ask this girl, who I thought looked like my friend, if it was her. Unfortunately, it wasn't.

So, I took a chance and thought, we're the same age, maybe by some luck she's just getting married now and registered online somewhere. My first attempt at searching on weddingchannel.com and I found her!!! Unbelievable. I emailed her - and the very next day, she wrote back. It was her!

All this happened two weeks ago - during the difficult time we were going through with Bubbles. Though we exchanged phone numbers, I really couldn't talk to anyone at the time, so I told her I would have to call later and explained why via email.

Anyway, I called her tonight and we had a wonderful reunion on the phone. It was just like old times - except we're not 13 anymore. Caught up as much as we could for now.

Want to hear something weird? She said she posted her registry just the night before I emailed her. Not only that, her mom was looking through old pictures that same night and found one of the two of us. Another coincidence is that we were in Paris at the same time this year! It was meant to be that we would reconnect. And get this, her aunt-in-law, works at my company and I've known her for almost 9 years! What a small world? And another friend of mine from work, actually tried setting up his friend with her a few years ago.

Both our schedules are pretty packed during the weekends right now, but we're going to try to meet up mid-August. Can't wait to see her.

No comments: