Monday, July 10, 2006

Say a little prayer...

I know I've been good news/bad news about Bubbles lately - but I do appreciate everyone's support. We went to see Bubbles tonight after dinner - the poor guy cannot walk. He was sleeping when we got upstairs, and it took a while for him to wake up and realize we were there. When he did, he didn't move from his sleep pose, but he did wag his tail.



My dad had to pick him up and put him on his paper so he could ... (you know). After that, Bubbles took one step and fell on his stomach. He couldn't get back up. My dad had to carry him back to the living room, and there Bubbles stayed in the same spot the entire time we were there. Oh, it is just heartbreaking. He managed to lean into me and snuggled with me for a few minutes before plopping down and laid there next to me the whole time.

He look so tired. And after going over an hour with my parents on how they need to call the vet tomorrow, and not wait until Bubbles' appointment on Friday - I just looked at the little guy and saw how exhausted he was. He was fighting to stay awake because we were there. So we had to leave. My husband told me to say goodbye - but I know he meant more than just leaving for the night. I kissed Bubbles and pet him for a little while longer. I told him I loved him. In my heart, I told him that it's ok for him to let go. He's been a wonderful member of our family - and we all love him very much. It's ok for him to rest and sleep now.

I'm at peace that his time is near, and I wish he would sleep and not wake up. But I will miss him so much. Who knows? Maybe it will be a miracle and the doctor will know exactly what is wrong with Bubbles' legs. Maybe it's a temporary side effect from the thyroid medication. Or maybe, it's just time to let go. Whatever may happen, I'm praying for my little Bubbles - and again, I ask you to keep him in your prayers too. I just wish him to be at peace, no pain - and to know how much we love him.


Once again it's past 1am, and it's Monday morning. Only 5 hours of sleep before it's time for another long day at work. But I can't sleep. I'm thinking of Bubbles. Wish I had more time with him. Wishing I played with him more the last 10 years when I have moved out of my parents' place. So many coulda, shoulda, wouldas. Who can sleep?

No comments: