Friday, July 07, 2006

Introducing Ellie...



Check her out! I've been working on this little miss for the past two weeks. It didn't really take me that long, but I spread out the work in between episodes of Battlestar Galactica and our movie marathons.

She was fairly easy to make. I got the pattern from Jean Greenhowe's Knitted Animals. The gray yarn I used, unfortunately, was a bit darker than it should have been - but I was impatient. Her blue eyes don't show up too well as a result. I'll figure something out. I love the white and purple of the skirt. You can't see them in the picture, but she has a little petitcoat on under the skirt. Actually, they're supposed to be white 'pants', but I tighten them up more at the edge when I sewed on the feet - so they look like a petitcoat. Is that what you call them? Those knicker bocker type things women wore under their skirts way back when...

Yea! My first stuffed animal. Ellie (named such for obvious reasons) is on her way to one of my friends from work who went with the department move to Sacramento. She loves elephants. It's going to be a surprise package. I think she'll love her.

In other news, the summer of movies continues with
The Family Stone. I love Sarah Jessica Parker and Rachel McAdams. This was a funny, though sometimes painfully frustrating movie. Sarah Jessica's character, Meredith is trying to be accepted into her boyfriend's family. Of course, nothing goes right. She says all the wrong things. They don't really give her a chance anyway. Yada, yada, yada... But over all, it's a good movie. There were some teary moments.

Meet the Fockers. What can I say? Definitely a frustrating movie where NOTHING goes right - and a future father-in-law/ex-CIA agenty who tries to find any little fault to justify Ben Stiller is not right for his daughter. All the actors are brilliant - and have never disappointed me (in terms of performance) - but this movie was just predictable and frustrating. I have to say, I laughed more with the first movie - Meet the Parents.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is so cute!!! i love ellie!! wish i could do that!

family stone: loved the story, the characters, the acting...hated the ending. thought that was unbelievable.

meet the fockers: yes, silly and crazy, but gotta love dustin hoffman and robert deniro together again!