Sunday, July 16, 2006

Home

Another difficult day with crying fits - but you know what? It got a little better just now. I just got off the phone with my mom. And you know how I said that I smelled Bubbles last night at 12:55am? Well, she says that she smelled him a little after 1am.

She said she was in the living room watching TV, when suddenly she smelled something. She described it as this sickly dog smell that he was emitting the last few days. She had already put away his towels and puppy pads, so it couldn't have been that. Besides, she was already sitting in the room for a while - this was a sudden new element to the room. It lasted a few minutes and then disappeared just as suddenly.

This confirms that neither of us is crazy. We both smelled him. He came to visit me first, and then he went home to my parents.

It may seem like we're reaching to find comfort in his death, but it's not that at all. How can two people, miles apart from each other, both experience the same phenomenon within the same time frame?

Bubbles went home.

No comments: