Monday, July 03, 2006

Battlestar withdrawl

We've managed to get through two full seasons of the new Battlestar Galactica. LOVE IT! We tried to watch at least one episode every night - and now the last of the second season has been viewed - and we're at a loss. No more Gaius or Starbuck for a few months. But then again, I much prefer being able to sit down and go through an entire season in one shot - so I probably won't add this to my 'must record' list. We'll just rent the season like we did this time.

Next on my list is the series
The 4400. I think it's about alien abduction? No idea - but they say it's good, so I'm willing to give it a try. I was very skeptical about Battlestar, and now I 'fracking' love it!

What else have we watched?
Blade Trinity (sucks!), The Day After Tomorrow (good effects, ok story - not as bad as I thought it would be), The Skeleton Key (I guessed the ending right as it was happening. Interesting concept, but overall, it's not that good of a movie), Nanny McPhee (it has Colin Firth in it - enough said), and finally, Three Extremes (disturbing trio of horror stories from 3 different Asian directors. Only one of the stories was good).

Still have a stack of movies to go through - so the summer of movies continues...

I need to get out there and watch
Superman Returns. Superman is my favorite superhero of all time. As I've mentioned in blogs past, Christopher Reeve's Superman was supposed to be my first husband. Yes, even at the age of 6, I already found my man. I know I'm going to be so critical of this new movie, but I think I will still enjoy it.

I should have taken a vacation today. It's completely dead at work. Why am I here???

No comments: