Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy 4th of July!


Hope everyone got to see some fireworks this evening! My hubby and I just walked out to the Embarcadero and watched the fireworks over in Oakland. They were far - but still nice. Someone threw a cherry bomb nearby and freaked the crap out of everyone. It was LOUD. What an ass...

Anyway, been working on several projects today.

1. Had some problems with our internet service, and just realized last night that the company deleted my host site of images. Meaning, it wiped out all my background and such for my blog. So, I spend a few hours today trying to put everything back up. I still have to tweak it a bit, but it's pretty much back to how it used to look.

2. Took pictures of several items that I'm going to post on Ebay soon. Currently, everything is in a big shopping bag. I've just been too lazy to post them.

3. Trying to finish up a little present for a friend - can't post any pictures yet. It's been a learning experience, and I'm proud of myself for being about 80% done with it.

4. It's been a while, but I finished the back panel of the hoodie sweater I started a year ago.



It's rather tedious - there's 96 stitches per row - and I lost count how many rows this thing is. I've put it aside for now. So, the back is done - gotta do the front panel, sleeves, pocket, and the hood. WHEW!

Good news about Bubbles, only 3 more days until his 15th birthday - and we really don't think there's any question that he'll be celebrating fully with us this year. He still needs to be hand fed, but he's eating both the tube food and solids. His energy is slowly coming back - he's playing with his toys again. No running though. His hind legs aren't working fully well - but he's still getting around on his own. We probably won't see him until the weekend, but I can't wait.

Other good news, it's been one year since my husband and I moved into our condo. Still have some boxes stacked in the study, but I don't plan on buying the bookcases we need for those until we're in our house some day. So, happy 1 year anniversary to us as first time home owners! Yea!

No comments: