Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Bringing home Bubbles

My dad called me at work today. The vet called - Bubbles' ashes can be picked up. My dad asked if I wanted to go, and I told him to not wait for me and just go. I know it's sad, but we didn't need everyone to go do that. I would have to take off from work again - which I did many times already to see Bubbles during those final days.

So, Bubbles is home. He's tucked away in a small wooden box. It's very sad. No plans to do anything with his ashes right now, and I don't want to bring up tentative plans that we had from before.

I still can't believe he's gone.

What didn't help was that we have also been doing movie nights, and one of the movies was Failure to Launch. Good movie with Matthew McConaughey and Sarah Jessica Parker. Unforuntately, there was one scene where Sarah Jessica pretends to put her dog to sleep. That just triggered me again. (Horrible timing).

The other movie was saw was Elektra. It was actually OK. Better than Daredevil, that's for sure. And Elektra was not as useless as in the other movie.

Another guilty pleasure that I've been catching up on is the marathon episodes of My Fair Brady: We're Getting Married. I can't help it. I like cheesy TV shows.

1 comment:

Bibi said...

Sorry for your loss but sounds as though Bubbles was lucky to have you all.