Monday, July 10, 2006

Can't concentrate

Sitting here are work. Can't think of anything but Bubbles. Wondering how he's doing. Wondering if my parents were able to get a hold of the vet. Wondering how long Bubbles will stay with us. Hoping that he is not in pain. Hoping that when I said goodbye to him last night that it wasn't the final goodbye - but then knowing it would be best if it was. It's so hard.

Reading this article about a cloned Donkey winning some contest somewhere and thinking - HEY, if we cloned Bubbles then we'd never really be losing him. Then realizing that that is a crazy thought - and of course, cloned or not, Bubbles can never be replaced. Bubbles is Bubbles. There will never be another Bubbles.

Sigh... wishing I could go home and cry.

Rambling - that's what happens on 3 hours of sleep. Yeah, my nose was soooo stuffed up from crying so much last night that I couldn't breathe until after 3am. I think, breathing or not, exhaustion just took over. Next thing you know, the stupid alarm is blaring at 6:30a.

UPDATE: Bubbles has a vet appointment at noon tomorrow - Keeping my fingers crossed, and saying my prayers.

No comments: