Thursday, May 26, 2005

Can't sleep...

I already know tomorrow is going to be another day with at least two Starbucks runs. I can't sleep. I'm just so anxious about the move. I'm anxious about packing. My husband is already talking to his friend about painting the place (he's a professional painter). I want a nice light yellow for the living room, and a soothing light sage green for the master bedroom. We haven't decided what to do with the second bedroom yet. I want color on the walls, but nothing where you walk into a room and just notice the walls.

I shredded and dumped more paperwork tonight. Put some more clothes into our donation bags. This weekend, I'm going to tackle the task of completely clearing out one chest of drawers. We have to get rid of it because our master bedroom in the condo is going to be 5 ft shorter than our bedroom now. Aside from the fact that I can't stand the thing, there isn't going to be room for this dresser. It's only three drawers, but there's a lot of stuff in there. Still need to sell some more goodies.

I still have a semi-new stair climber for sale if anyone is interested. $100, pick up in SF.




So, I'm here in the middle of the night, all is quiet in the house - when suddenly I'm hearing this crinkling noise. What the heck is that? Of course, first instinct, as a result of watching all the horror movies out there, it must be a killer who has been hiding in my closet all day and is now coming out to get me. Heart pounding, I search and discover this:



Yes, my own little boogie man, Monte, found his way into this shopping bag. Macy's has been using these noisy plastic bags instead of the traditional paper ones. This one is sitting in front of a chair in our bedroom - for my donations. Amazingly, my husband is sleeping through all this. The loud plastic crunching noise, me telling Monte to get out of the bag, the flash of my camera... how does he do that??? Now I have to get over being freaked out. I'm never going to sleep.

1 comment:

lumlumaaaaaaah said...

You and my sister are just the same - freaked out. Not only that but her living room is yellow and her master bedroom is sage too. And I think you two have got the same killer hiding inside your closets too. He will come to Kora's house on Mondays and Saturdays and then he'll do your house Tuesdays and Fridays. He's attracted to the colors yellow and sage. I know. He told me. He does my house on Sunday, not hiding in my closet or anything though. We have tea.