Thursday, May 05, 2005

Finished scarf



I love this scarf. I was a little sketchy about the color when I bought the skein, but it was so soft, I couldn't resist. It's Patons Bohemian yarn in Poetic Pink. I have really sensitive skin, so I can't really wear wools that much. I wanted to have a pinkish scarf, so during my little shopping spree on our anniversary, I picked up a skein of this chennile type yarn. It's surprisingly warm, and there are so many shades of pink, with touches of light blue and yellow, that it compliments a lot of my wardrobe.

I had completed a scarf with this yarn once already, but I had made it too wide, so it came out really short. I had to rip the whole thing and start over. The only bad thing about this scarf is that it does stretch out in the middle part where I wrap it around my neck, so it ends up looking much thinner than the ends. I keep having to reshape it.

No comments: