Sunday, May 01, 2005

When the world is a cotton ball...

Woke up this morning with a sore throat, stuffy ears, and my brain felt like it had gained five pounds over night. What is it that make you feel like a brick is resting on your forehead, preventing you from lifting it from the pillow? I couldn't believe it. Without warning, I've caught a cold.

The world ran in slow motion for me today. We went to Home Depot and Lowes to get some quotes for the flooring we want to put in our condo. That was the main purpose of our trip. I walked in the store and while I was following my husband through his 'toyland', I completely blanked out on why we were there. When I asked my hubby, he just gave me this look like I had lost my mind. And he was not far from the truth.

I guess I haven't lost it completely. I can still smell a little, though my senses are defintely delayed. We walked through the food court, and I didn't smell the grease until we were in another part of the mall.

My hearing is a little muffled too, but it was well enough to witness this strange scenario of the day... We had just parked the car and were walking into the mall. We passed by a group young guys standing outside one of the entrances on a cigarette break. They've got their 'cool' thing going. Cigarettes in hand, baseball caps on backwards, pants lowered to you don't want to know where (isn't that trend over YET?), and tattoos galore. As we walked by, swerving past one kid who just hocked a loogy onto the sidewalk, one of the guys says to his friend, "You should let me color your hair." ???

No comments: