Thursday, May 12, 2005

To be or not to be envious...

My friend from work sent me a link to the blog of an ex-boyfriend's girlfriend. Don't judge. We're all curious about those from our past relationships. Curious to know how they turned out. Are they happy? Are they miserable? Did they get what they deserve - good or bad?

So, I'm kind of skimming through this girl's blog. I don't know her, but after looking at a few entries and the many, many, many pictures of their relationship, you can't help but see that this girl and her boyfriend know they are 'beautiful' people. Or at least SHE thinks so. It's obvious they have LOTS of money, they're educated, and have the opportunities in life that we all wish we could attain so easily. You can also see right away, that this is a 'Look at me! Look at me!" type blog. I'm not saying that out of jealousy. It's a fact. It's not a sincere blog. How many of you have a younger sister, who just turned 16 and got a brand new 2006 GS430 Lexus? What totally turned me off is in that same entry she writes, "...but daddy said that if i settle down somewhere and get a full-time job he'd get me a Lexus SC430." Whatever.

To be honest, she is pretty. There are pictures of her winning a National beauty pageant. Good for her. And he is cute. I don't know what he does though. I heard from my friend that both graduated in Business Management. He, Stanford and she from Columbia, I believe.

I admit, I do get envious sometimes. I'm only human. I would love to be able to travel and stay at five star resorts. It would be great not to have to limit my vacation activities because each is so expensive (e.g., scuba diving, learning how to surf, deep sea fishing, helicopter to the top of a live volcano, swim with the dolphins, etc.). Heck, I would love to just to be able to travel more in general, but I want to do it on my own, not with my parents credit card.


Looking at my life as a whole, I do have a lot that I would never give up for all the money in the world, nor can any amount buy. I have my husband, who I love and adore with all my heart and soul. I have my parents. There's no question about the amount of love we share for each other. And my friends - they are my family too. Oh, and of course, my kitty, Monte! How I love Monte! Feeling his whiskers brush my face in the morning - his way of saying "Mommy, get up!" Now, that's priceless.

Sorry if I got a little preachy here, reading that blog just irked me today.

No comments: