Monday, May 16, 2005

Started packing

Since we purchased our condo a few months ago, we haven't really done much in our apartment in terms of packing. I brought home about 25 boxes. I've sold a lot of things on Ebay. We sold our stationary bike a few weeks ago. We've donated bags and bags of clothes and household items to a local charity. Looking around our apartment, you'd think that it would look different somehow. Except for the space where the bike used to be, the place is still a mess and jammed packed with things. Quite frustrating really.

So, today, after looking at flooring and carpeting options, and a few hours before the Survivor Finale started, we went through our kitchen cabinets. We packed four boxes and set aside another 3 bags for donation. Of course, maybe starting out in the kitchen wasn't the best choice. We're not moving for another two months, so it's not like we're not going to need what's in the kitchen. It does feel good that two whole cabinets are empty now, but we have four boxes sitting in our living room now.

As soon as we close on the condo and get our keys, whatever we can pack now, we're just going to bring over to the new place whenever we go to work on it. I've convinced my hubby that professional movers are the way to go. Several coworkers highly recommend Delancey Street Movers. They sound very professional and they're cheap. I think that's the way we're going to go.

I guess I'm excited about finally packing up some boxes - it's way past midnight. I've only got about five hours of sleep before a full work day. Plus, my second sewing class is tonight (Monday night) too. Last week we just cut the fabric. This week we actually get to start sewing. Funny how little things get your brain going and push the sleepiness right out of you. Or maybe it's the coffee I had at 4pm.

No comments: