Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Figured it out!

It took me two weeks, a lot of frustration, and a lot of cursing - but I finally figured it out. In case you haven't noticed yet, I put up a picture on my profile! It's my favorite picture of Monte!

This whole picture thing is rather embarassing. I work in the computer support field, but for some reason, 'picture hosting' just didn't make any sense to me. Tonight, I just made myself sit down at the computer and force myself to actually read the Help file. I'm one who likes to try, try, try before admitting defeat and picking up a manual. Once I gave in and read what to do, I was able to post within 10 minutes. Now I can add pictures to my blog! Yea! In fact, I'm going to have to go back and see where I can insert some pictures into my previous entries.

On a completely different subject, my husband and I did a walkthrough of our condo today. We checked to see if all the windows would open and close as they should, ran the water in all the sinks, flushed the toilets, checked to make sure the doors closed and locked properly, etc... We found a couple of items that needed some work, so those have been scheduled to be fixed.

The thing that pisses us off though is that we've been put off from being able to close on this deal for a few weeks. Every time we asked, we got the same answer, "No one has closed yet. No one has moved in yet." Well, as we did the walkthrough today, we found out that, indeed, people had moved in already - TWO WEEKS ago! Walking down the hall with our inspector, we passed by units where people were painting already. One elevator lobby was an obstacle course of furniture from a family who was moving in today. Did the sales office think that we wouldn't find out about this lie? What is up with that? It's even more frustrating knowing that we bought a unit the very first day they were offered, and we still haven't been able to close yet.

No comments: