Thursday, June 23, 2005

Busy day tomorrow

I'm actually taking a day off work - YEA!!! We're taking the car to get it checked because the 'check engine' light won't go off - BOOOO!!! We're actually going to the dealership/service center in San Jose, so while the car is in the shop, I hope to do some 'shopping' of my own at the Valley Fair mall. Well, window shop anyway. I love that mall. It reminds me of the malls in San Diego (where I went to college), and South Coast Plaza in Orange County. It's spacious and the decor is nice. It's a pleasant place to walk around. Plus I'm sure it's going to be pretty hot in San Jose tomorrow, so the indoor/air conditioned part of it is appealing too.

After we get back to the city, we're going to pick up the bamboo planks to bring to the condo. They need to acclimatize to the room before they get installed on Tuesday. Yeah, just me and my husband - moving boxes and boxes (nine to be exact) of bamboo planks. We're going to use handtrucks, so no, I'm not a closet weight lifting champion.

With all that exercise, we're going to 'freshen up' and replenish with yummy BBQ with our friends. I'm looking forward to that!

Did I mention that the carpet has been installed in the two bedrooms? It's beige and oh so soft on the tootsies. The guys did a fabulous job - and it's all thanks to Tayo, our salesman at Metro Flooring in San Francisco. Unfortunately, they don't have a website, or I would have put a link here. My husband and I were just browsing and we tried to describe to him the kind of carpet we were looking for, using the most elementary of terms, of course. Next thing you know, Tayo brings over a sample of what he thinks we might be interested in (and in our price range). That is what is in our bedrooms now. And our bamboo flooring is from Metro Flooring as well. If that doesn't show good customer service, I don't know what does. Thanks Tayo!

No comments: