Friday, June 03, 2005

Frustrated

All I wanted to do was to knit or crochet a cute little flower for my scarf. Looked through several patterns and tried them all. I CAN'T DO IT!!! They all come out looking like poor wilted, stomped on, crumpled lumps of yarn. I can't even refer to them as flowers. It's quite embarrassing, especially when some of the patterns are considered "Beginner/Easy." Did everyone who does this go to a class or something? Do I really need to take a Saturday and pay $30 for a 2 hour class? Sigh...

I haven't given up yet. Got my cheap blue yarn that I use for all my testing and practice stitches. I'm having a tough time deciphering some parts of the patterns though.

Here's one... K2, (YO, K2tog) repeat 4 times, K1, (YO, k2tog) repeat 4 times, K1

The thing that confuses me is that if I do what the pattern is telling me, I run out of stitches. Meaning, if I do a full YO stitch and then the K2tog. Counting my stitches, if I do the YO and K2tog at the same time, then I have enough stitches. But how do you do it at the same time??? I can YO the first stitch, but how do I properly grab the second stitch and knit them together into one? I'm all confused... Boo hoo hoo!

No comments: