Sunday, June 19, 2005

Father's Day Feast

Today was a very busy day. I started the day by getting in a good hour of Sims 2. Then had a wonderful lunch with my husband at my FAVORITE Indian restaurant called Indian Clay Pot Oven. It's on Clement, between 25th and 26th Avenue. The lunch buffet is the best time to go. Not because we're cheap when it comes to food, but because there are specific dishes that my husband and I just love, and we can just pile those onto our dishes. I have no idea what any of them are called, but they have a good variety of chicken, lamb, fish, veggies... When you eat there for dinner, they are quite expensive and you get very small portions. You can't beat $7.99 a head for the buffet lunch, plus you get nan with your meal. I always come out very satisfied. Don't expect service with a smile though. While the food is wonderful, the staff there, more often than not, is unfriendly. The running joke my husband and I have is the record time that the bill is placed on your table. The winner? One time, we had put our jackets on our chairs and went straight to the buffet line. When we got back to the table, our bill was already there. Can't beat that!

We ran errands for the rest of the day. We needed to get some curtains for our new place, so we looked at Target. Everything was too short. Went to Bed Bath & Beyond and got our shower curtains. The drapery selection was pretty good - but expensive. We then headed next door to Anne's Linen Outlet. Cheap stuff that you just don't want. And then finally, JoAnn's Fabrics. Nice selection of materials we could use to make our own drapes, but it would end up costing the same as Bed Bath & Beyond. We haven't really decided on our colors yet - so we are holding off on that purchase for now. I figure, if it's going to cost about the same, why do I have to put in the effort and attempt to make these curtains myself. Like I know what I'm doing?

We ended our day with a fabulous Father's Day dinner at Roy's. I've been to Roy's twice before. Once for lunch with co-workers, and another time for a Girl's Night Out dinner party. I have not been disappointed, and after last night, they still have a perfect record with me. If you have the opportunity to go, here are some of my "must try" suggestions... Baby Back Pork Ribs. The meat just falls off the bone and the sauce is literally, finger licking delicious. Don't waste that sauce on the napkin! They also have a wonderful pork roast. It is also the most tender meat in the world. With a bit of their pineapple chutney on top? Mmmmm... And the finale, their famous Melting Hot Chocolate Souffle. Just the smell of it puts you in a chocolatey heaven. When that rich, dark chocolate comes flowing out of the center... It's like Christmas morning and you're opening that one present that you've been begging for all year. It's that good.

Needless to say, my dad, who is a real connoisseur of good food (translation: he loves to eat and has tried many, many restaurants in his lifetime) was fully satisfied. Mission accomplished!

For his gift (with a lot of help from my mom) we got my dad tickets to see the new Cirque du Soleil show, Corteo. We were able to get advanced tickets - which is kind of ironic, because our show date isn't until January 2006. I love anything from Cirque du Soleil - so I can't wait!

1 comment:

lumlumaaaaaaah said...

Why,I love Cirque du Soleil! In fact I am carrying "The Journey of Man" right now as I type this, in my purse. No, I am not crazy and carry it around all the time with me. It is just that I am needing to put it into the post and send it off for my next Netflix movie. I am dying to get another Cirque du Soleil dvd but alas, my hubby wants to watch Hitch and the baby still has Baby Eintein out so alas it will have to wait. :( -Helen