Saturday, June 25, 2005

The final countdown

This is it. Exactly one week from today, we will be moving to our new home. I'm very excited, yet very overwhelmed. The thing is, we really don't have THAT much stuff. I've donated, sold, trashed a lot of it already. But we do have enough things so that our apartment is pretty much heading toward a high level of disorganized chaos. Organized chaos is manageable, but disorganized... that worries me. I already can't find things I need, and we only have several boxes sitting in the living room!

We, or actually, my husband, moved 9 boxes of bamboo flooring to our condo yesterday. I think each box was over 7 feet long, and he said they were probably 80 pounds each. Like I said, I do not lift weights in my spare time. Heck, I don't exercise really (which I should do!). So, I did the best I could to help out. Together, we managed to get those boxes up to the unit without a single scratch to any hall wall along the way - even with the tight turns. Whew!

The flooring will be installed this Tuesday. This is why we haven't moved anything into the unit yet. Not saying anyone will steal anything, but why take the chance? That's why the only things that might go in there this weekend are bathroom/kitchen related items. Go ahead, take a towel.

Tomorrow is the Gay Pride Parade, so we won't be heading into that part of town. It's going to be crazy! The last time there was a parade in that area, my husband and I were trying to get me over to Berkeley to try a new eye doctor (U.C. Berkeley optometry), took us 45 minutes to NOT get to the bridge. We didn't know there was a parade, so when we finally realized that this wasn't normal traffic, we were stuck. 45 minutes and we couldn't get out of the city. We were not even close to getting on the Bay Bridge. I called and had to reschedule my appointment.

So, to end this rambling, and obvious procrastination (again) from packing, I will sign off now.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Hi. I am visiting from Kuky's site. So you are moving, huh ? Been there - done that. Hang in there (and we loveee bamboo flooring - cork too).