Sunday, June 12, 2005

It's not easy

So, we attended the HOA orientation at our condo yesterday. Realized horribly during the presentation that they had forgotten to give us a very important binder full of the information and forms we would need before any renovations were to be done on our unit. This binder should have been given to us a few weeks ago during our unit walkthrough.

Well, the bamboo flooring has arrived. In fact, we were going to pick up the boxes today, but the forms still need to be submitted to and reviewed by the board. The board's time frame? They have up to 45 days to come back with their approval. And if they deny our application, I don't know what we're going to do. Assuming all goes well, I'm guessing we won't be moving now until late July.

I can't believe how disorganized this whole thing has been. It's not us - it's the association. Did you know we still haven't gotten our key cards yet? The machine was broken, then fixed, then broken again, then the woman who makes the cards forgot to make a set for us - so we didn't get to pick them up yesterday. And our binder was supposed to have all the warrenty books and cards for the appliances in our unit - missing.

So, my husband is off to make another trip to the complex and the flooring place. I decided to stay home today and start packing. I'll do more than four boxes today, I promise!

No comments: