Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Stressed...

The flooring was supposed to be installed in our condo on Tuesday. Didn't happen. The installers called Monday and said they had to reschedule. At first they wanted Saturday, our moving day! Of course, that was vetoed. The earliest available would be Thursday at 3pm. 3pm!!! Who starts a job at 3pm??? Anyway, they called last night and said their morning job was canceled, so they can come Thursday morning. Thank goodness.

Oh - and remember when we picked up the bamboo last Friday and laid them out so they could acclimatize to the room? Well, several of the boards curled! What the hell? So, now we don't know if the installers will be able to even use those boards. Tayo, from Metro Floors, ordered some extra bamboo, just in case, but what concerns me is what if the other wood ends up curling too? Worst yet, what if they curl after they're installed? They're in a stack right now, so maybe the bottom sheets didn't curl because of all the weight? What happens when they're laid out? ARGH!!!

On a different note, I'm taking Friday off, because it turns out that I have to sit in the empty condo from 8am - 12pm to wait for the Cable and SBC to come do their magic. Gotta have cable and a phone!

So, yes, I'm stressed. I can't concentrate on work. I haven't been knitting. I've packed my embroidery somewhere. I think I've over played Sims 2 in the past few days. Yes, I have the theme song in my mind constantly.

Must think happy, calming thoughts... I think about our rafting trip that is coming up on July 8th, but that stresses me out more, because that's the week after we move - so we won't even have a chance to really settle in yet before having to go on a camping trip. I HATE camping. What I wouldn't do to rent a nice RV... I could handle that.

No comments: