Thursday, June 09, 2005

No blooms yet



I'm still attempting to crochet a flower. I did half of one on my practice yarn. It came out pretty nice, so I tried it on my pink yarn. Not quite so nice. First of all, all the little ribbons that stick out of this yarn make it very difficult for me, a beginner, to work with. Second of all, I can't really see the stitches - so I couldn't tell if I was getting my hook into the right spots. I managed to create something that looks somewhat like a flower - but I'm going to have to try it again. This one looks more like a pink mess to me than a flower.



In other news, our friend who is going to help us out with painting our condo is already hard at work! He bought all the paint today and was hard at work taping up all the things that shouldn't be painted. He predicts that he'll be done by Saturday. I can't wait to actually see these colors that we so painsakingly picked out on the walls.

No comments: