Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Missing the neighborhood already

We haven't even moved yet, but I'm already going to miss all the restaurants that have made our life so convenient for so many years. We live in a part of SF that can only be described as the neighborhood of culinary delight. Within four blocks of our apartment, we have 8 Japanese restaurants, 2 Indian restaurants, 4 Mexican restaurants, 3 Thai restaurants, countless Chinese restaurants, and of course, the local burger joint. Let's not forget Vietnamese, Pizza, and Greek! You can satiate your international palate any night of the week. Jeans and t-shirts are welcome - anything else, and you're over dressed.

In our new neighborhood, all I've seen are the trendy, must be seen, type restaurants. If you don't have a Cosmo in your hand, then you're out of place. I'm sure there are some neighborhood type joints there somewhere. I just haven't found any yet. At least, not any that were open when we were at the condo - which is a problem.

I'm going to miss my international kitchen, but we'll be back in that neck of the woods someday.

Maybe I'll finally be able to lose some weight!

No comments: